by Matthieu Giroux
Here are socratic phrases. The slides are available on https://archive.org/download/EWrite.
According to Henry Charles Carey :
* Our society only binds elements together. So it is enough to bind in his mind, to improve society.
* The value is due to the resistance getting something. The less work there is, the more value it takes.
* To be rich is to know how to use what you got. The more you can bind in society, the richer you are.
* The more we are, the more the labor economy allows everyone to have what we need, through our industries.
* Industries need skilled jobs. It is the industries that make the school living.
According to our history :
* We are social and creative individuals. Just as life organizes material, it is our ability to organize, known as sociability, that makes it possible to understand our individuality and creativity.
* When we listen we retain back little. When we read, we retain half of what we read. When we write, we retain practically everything if we build. So we grow.
According to classicism :
* Some music, called scholarly music, makes you thinking to act and to meditate. There is classical music or some religious, moral, traditional, claiming songs.
* Repetition prevents reflection. It is the beautiful dissonances that engage reflection.
According to realism :
* Beauty may have no connection with aesthetics. It is a notion of eternity. Only aesthetics can lead us to think about our future.
According to Socrates and Plato :
* It is searching for truth that makes intelligent and happy.
* Plato defined scientific reflection and dialogue, making it possible to sublimate our society.
* Citizens are the architects of society, who can become researchers, along with Plato.
* If we do not fully understand something, it is that something is missing. It is then a question of defining, to engage to search for truth.
Secularism of religions :
* Life is the ability of the universe to organize itself. This is the secret of material and light.
* We do not know why the universe is organizing. Therefore, the why will very often guide our search for truth.
According to the artists :
* As soon as you know how to build something, you can become an architect, to criticize our society, improving it.
* Playing music makes it easy to transform his mind, in order to better bind.